Do you have (an idea for) a social enterprise in Africa, or (for) a sustainable product? Would you like to further elaborate and boost this? SusTech4Africa helps companies and (aspiring) entrepreneurs with an African background to strengthen the business model and develop a full-fledged business plan. What's more, as a winner you can also get a starting capital in the form of a social loan.
How do we proceed?
Click here to fill in the online registration form.
Based on the submitted information, OVO Team Investment selects 20 projects. If your application is selected, you can come and present your submitted project during the selection day in February. A panel of experts will choose the 12 most promising projects. If your project is included in this selection, you're on your way! During a 5-week process, you will work on your business plan and focus on your pitch. You will be assisted by experts who will teach you the necessary tips and tricks. At the end of the process you will pitch your project in front of an audience of potential investors. The winners of this competition will return home with a starting capital in the form of a social loan.
What are we looking for?
- The business idea includes the use of sustainable technology, or contributes to a transition to a more sustainable society or economy,
- The economic activity will have a positive ecological, social and economic impact within 3 to 5 years,
- Location of the (desired) economic activity is Africa, and
- The necessary investment in the company is less than EUR 50,000.
Who can submit?
- Members of the African diaspora registered in Europe,
- Be part of a team of at least 2 people,
- Have invested (or intend to invest) at least 25% of the capital.