Inspiration Tour in Uganda
As part of our SusTech4Africa program, you can take part in one of our trips to one of our target countries (Uganda, Rwanda, Senegal and Benin).
From Sunday 26 November to Saturday 2 December, we invite you to join us on a 1-week Inspiration Tour in Uganda:
- Visit to the entrepreneurs: immersion in the local business context
- Co-coaching of an African entrepreneur during the 3-day training given by our academic partner Thomas More
- Cultural immersion: visit, eco-tourism
You play the role of coach and help the entrepreneur to analyse his business plan and present it in the form of a pitch at the final evening.
What skills do you need to be a Business coach? Listening and encouraging!
OVO aims to support and promote sustainable entrepreneurship in Africa through the Sustainable Technology Acceleration Programme for Africa (SusTech4Africa). SusTech4Africa helps entrepreneurs to develop their project into a full-fledged business plan.
- OVO's SusTech4Africa programme supports African SME's in the development of their business through personalised individual coaching and access to loans of up to €50,000
- With our local partners, we select candidates for coaching and investment according to precise criteria
- They are then invited to attend a 3-day Boostcamp in their country, during which training is given by our academic partner Thomas More
- This is followed by 6 months of online coaching with a Belgian business coach and a local coach
- Once the business plan is ready, it is submitted to the OVO Investment Committee, which decides whether to grant an affordable loan
- The entrepreneur is supported in developing the business until the loan is repaid
Flight to Uganda
✔ Monday and Tuesday
Inspiration Tour: visits to selected entrepreneurs
✔ Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Boostcamp: 2 Thomas More teachers offer training based on various interactive tools including the Business Model Canvas. In the working sessions, entrepreneurs are accompanied in their thinking by Belgian and Ugandan coaches
✔ Wednesday evening,
OVO Club of Uganda: meeting of alumni and entrepreneurs currently supported by OVO
- KID: Kampala Impact Day is an annual event organized by Entrepreneurs for Entrepreneurs (OVO) and Einstein Rising (ER) that brings together a variety of players in the start-up development ecosystem
- Pitch Time: entrepreneurs who have taken part in Boostcamp present their business project in the form of a pitch to a wider audience
- Networking event at the Belgian Club Oeganda
Return to Brussels
5 days of cycling: if you'd like to continue your stay in Uganda with a new experience, we can put you in touch with Bernard Ugille, a specialist in this field
Are you, like us, inspired by sustainability and entrepreneurship? Would you like to contribute to a better international cooperation between Belgium and Africa? We are still looking for people who want to join in as a volunteer/coach.
Would you like to accompany, do you have any questions? Contact