As part of our SusTech4Africa program, you can participate in this inspiring journey in one of our target countries (Uganda, Rwanda, Senegal and Benin):
- Visit to the entrepreneurs: immersion in the local business context
- Co-coaching of an African entrepreneur during the 3-day training given by our academic partners (Thomas More and ICHEC)
- Cultural immersion: visit, eco-tourism
You play the role of coach and help the entrepreneur to analyse his business plan and present it in the form of a pitch at the final evening.
What skills do you need to be a Business coach? Listening and encouraging!
OVO aims to support and promote sustainable entrepreneurship in Africa through the Sustainable Technology Acceleration Programme for Africa (SusTech4Africa). SusTech4Africa helps start-ups, scale-ups and entrepreneurs to develop their project into a full-fledged business plan.
- OVO's SusTech4Africa programme supports African SME's in the development of their business through personalised individual coaching and access to loans of up to €50,000
- With our local partners, we select candidates for coaching and investment according to precise criteria
- They are then invited to attend a 3-day Boostcamp in their country, during which training is given by our academic partner Thomas More
- This is followed by 6 months of online coaching with a Belgian business coach and a local coach
- Once the business plan is ready, it is submitted to the OVO Investment Committee, which decides whether to grant an affordable loan
- The entrepreneur is supported in developing the business until the loan is repaid
Standard programme of a SusTech4Africa:
Flight to Africa
✔ Monday and Tuesday
Inspiration Tour: visits to selected entrepreneurs
✔ Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Boostcamp: 2 teacher-researchers from ICHEC or Thomas More offer a training based on different interactive tools including the Business Model Canvas. In the working sessions, the entrepreneurs are accompanied in their reflection by Belgian and Beninese coaches
Pitch Time: entrepreneurs present their business project in the form of a pitch in front of a larger audience
Return to Brussels
Are you also inspired by sustainability and entrepreneurship? Would you like to contribute to a better international cooperation between Belgium and Africa? We are still looking for interested people who want to join in as a volunteer/coach.
The next trips?
- Uganda from 26 November to 2 December 2023
- Benin from 25 January to 1st February 2024
- Rwanda from 20 April to 27 April 2024
Would you like to accompany, do you have any questions? Contact